Tension & Trauma Release Exercises (or TRE®) refers to a simple yet innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension, and trauma.
Created by Dr. David Berceli, the TRE® safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension to calm down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return to a state of balance.
This mechanism is part of our natural, biological behavior as mammals and is the body’s own response to self-regulate and heal itself. You can learn to use this easy technique securely in 4-6 sessions, and then the home-practice can be part of your weekly routine.
Currently, the TRE® is being practiced by thousands in the five continents, both at the workplace and in therapeutic environments. The reported benefits include:
· Decreased states of worry and anxiety
· Reduction of the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
· Greater energy and resistance
· Less work-related stress
· Improved sleep and night rest
· Supports the decrease of relational conflicts
· Reduction of muscle and back pain
· Greater flexibility
· Greater emotional resilience
· Decrease in the symptoms of Vicarious Trauma
· Healing old wounds
· Decrease in anxiety that originates from being surrounded by a serious illness
· Relief of chronic medical conditions
Introducing and practicing TRE® personally or at the company environment significantly improves the way to manage conflicts and stressful situations, favors the reduction of sick leave due to stress and tensions, and allows participants to gain greater resilience. It increases the energy level, concentration, and effectiveness.